Which Weather Condition Causes the Most Accidents?
What weather condition makes the roads most dangerous? Ice? No. Snow? Guess again. Rain? Yes. Federal data proves that rain causes more car accident-related deaths than snow in 39 different states. In fact, about 7,000 individuals die every year in car accidents due to weather conditions. But why does rain make the roads so hazardous? Below are some answers to this question.
- Roads become slick.
- Rain can make roads even more slippery if oil residue is on the ground.
- Rain can impair the visibility of drivers.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PREVENT CAR ACCIDENTS IN THE RAIN
Although you may not be able to refrain from driving in the rain, there are a few driving habits you can practice to keep you and your family safe during these next few rainy months. Below, our San Jose car accident lawyers have listed some helpful driving tips for when you travel in the rain:
- Use your turn signals sooner when you want to switch lanes. This will allow other drivers to see you with enough time to react if needed.
- Never hit your brakes suddenly. Aggressive braking can cause your tires to lock up, making your vehicle slip uncontrollably.
- Gently accelerate. This will keep your vehicle from sliding around.
- If your car begins to hydroplane, remove your feet from all control pedals, hold the steering wheel straight, and refrain from making any sudden driving maneuvers until your tires regain traction with the road.
COMPASSIONATE REPRESENTATION FOR VICTIMS OF AUTO ACCIDENTS
If you have been involved in a vehicle collision and feel another individual should be held liable for your harm, contact our Bay Area car accident attorneys at Mitchell Law Firm right away. When you contact our firm for your free case evaluation, we will take time to understand the elements of your case and determine which methods can help you pursue financial compensation sooner. We are passionate about helping you and your family recover from this traumatic event and can stand by your side from beginning to end.
Secure the representation you need by
calling Mitchell Law Firm today!
We take on your case free of charge so you won’t pay a single dime unless we win your case.